I LOVE mushrooms. Not raw, but sliced and cooked in just about any way. This love developed when I was well into my 30s, by the way. Odd, eh!
I also love soup. Especially in the fall and winter.
Today decided it was time to make, mushroom soup!
1) in a pot, sauté mushrooms (I used cremini) and onions in olive oil and soy sauce until browned. Throw in a spoonful of flour and some water at the end.
2) add 3 cups of broth to the pot. Simmer for a little while.
3) throw in a splash of milk.
4) blend with immersion blender.
5) dump some cooked rice (I used leftover mushroom risotto) into the pot (you could skip this, but since I had the leftovers and like my soups to be filling, I did it.)
6) heat a bit more and mix, so the rice becomes one with the soup.