Phew. That was a lot of work…I only missed one day of headstand all month, and most days I did a few. As well, I really only started out hoping to improve my headstand to make progress on pike eventually…but ended up working on both for most of the month. Today was not a great day to end the month of the headstand with. I was sick yesterday and am still a bit weak and achy, and I got my flu shot today so my arm is a bit sore. But…I did it:
It probably wasn’t even my best attempt (I think this one was), but I am still pleased with my overall progress. I still have a lot of work to do getting my headstands consistently straight, and my pikes consistently low, and on smoothing out the transitions down to pike and back up to headstand again…but I am much more confident in my ability to do a headstand, without a wall behind me or even close to me…and that was the initial goal of this experiment! Now that I can do that, I know the rest will come with practice!