I love corn soup at Chinese restaurants, so I decided to make my own. As usual I looked at a bunch of recipes than created something.
-1 can creamed corn
-2 cans broth (I used the empty corn can, filled with water and dumped twice then added some veg soup powder)
-1 tablespoon corn starch (flour would work too I’m sure it’s just to thicken)
-A pile of diced firm tofu soaked in soy sauce (I used a quarter package)
-minced ginger, minced garlic and sesame oil to taste
1. Dump corn and broth in saucepan, mix then bring to a boil on medium heat to simmer.
2. After about 10 minutes add starch, then mix for a few seconds with hand blender.
3. Crack in eggs and whisk, simmer another minute to cook eggs.
4. Drop in tofu and simmer a few more minutes to ensure eggs and tofu are cooked.
5. Add seasoning to taste.
* makes 4 servings, each serving is 152 calories, 6g fat. Low fat tofu would cut fat and calories and is my preference but I was all out!