I’ve been hearing a lot about smashed potatoes lately, so of course I had to try. I looked at a bunch of different recipes, and then winged it.
-potatoes (smallish with thin skin, I used something called “table potatoes”)
1. Wash potatoes well. Cut larger ones in half. Toss in oil.
2. Bake (well spread) in cookie sheet (sprayed or on parchment paper) at 450 for about 30 minutes, turning in the middle. (A lot of recipes call for boiling before smashing, but that just seemed like a bit of unnecessary effort to me so I baked instead)
3. Remove from oven, smash each potato down with a masher or the clean bottom of a tumbler. I used a plastic masher and sprayed it with non-stick spray so it wouldn’t got stuck.
4. Brush a little olive oil over the tops and sprinkle on some salt.
5. Return to oven until browned and crispy, about 30 more minutes. I switched to broiler at the end.
Yum! We all loved them!